Friday 10 August 2007

I knew there was a connection


Shetland's caribbean coffee!

Just a quickie while waiting for Mum's bus. Thought I would share this little joke. It's from a very special bean that likes cool, damp, windy climates. They have to be picked with pliers because of their tenacious grip otherwise they would all end up in the sea. How the Caribbean aroma is added I don't know, but it works.

On Sunday we have our gardening and woodland (another joke) friends, Rosa and James, coming over to advise on the new garden and yard ... planting of shrubs may take place this autumn but the rest will be next year. Fun to be at this stage, now I have only to finish the wall (!), which topic will be the subject of the next blog.

Yesterday was a historic one for us ... we had the house cleaned while we were out! Seems to work, now we just want someone to wash and iron the linen bed sheets every day.

By the way, the new owners of 24 Grant Street moved in this week, no more visits there. We are reminded here daily of Betty with a couple of pictures on the wall and particularly, the large Victorian settee which is even more comfortable than I remember ... I think I was on the edge of it most visits to Cullen.

3 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

I like the Shetlanders sense of humour!!

Beth Armstrong said...

I think a daily washing and ironing of sheets might be pushing it but you could always try! How's the coffee and does the new espresso machine comply with the windswept beans?

David Anthony Durham said...

Caribbean Blend, huh?... I'll have to try some for myself next time I'm over...