Friday 21 March 2008

Spring solstice

So this is the spring solstice. Now I know why we wait until 1st May to wash our face in the morning dew ... it is distinctly salty here today with a touch of hail and snow, all the way from the Arctic and in a hurry to be somewhere else. I phoned Richard at 9am this morning to say that we would not be in for lunch. He told me he had been out tying things down. Of course, this is the night that Sorley is supposed to be on the boat ... I doubt it ... keep you posted.
It is really a day for settling by the fire to finish the new Andrea Barrett (very enjoyable) or in Polly's case ...
We hope the spring or autumn solstice is better with you. Or at least you have a good book to read or cat to watch.

3 comments:

Sorley said...

Well the boat is cancelled - have booked on for tomorrow instead, fingers crossed. Cat looks cosy - best way to be in this weather I would say!

Gudrun Johnston said...

I actually wouldn't mind a dramatic storm so I could feel less guilty about cozying up with some knitting!

Beth Armstrong said...

Yes, bring on the winter over here too...well, maybe in a couple more months...still really enjoying all the sunshine. Papers stated that the good weather is set to continue right through to May, not good news for the farmers though. The price of all dairy goods has gone through the roof too.