Thursday 24 June 2010

Garden

Couple of additions to the garden. This is my 'fishvane', a piece of driftwood with fin and tail. Mind you, the wind has to be Force 4 and up to make it spin. I'll have to work on that.When Nigel was here he kindly made a new gate for me to replace the rusting wrought iron gate we brought from Forneth. I rebuilt the wall to fit, painted it 'company colours' (baby blue) and hung it so it is now in action ... a great improvement.Next project is to rebuild the wall between the old and new garden.

5 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

As much as I love your fish vane I'd rather not see above Gale force 4 on our visit this summer...
Can't wait to be there!

City Kids children said...

Good work Dad - love the fish vane and the gate looks very well made! I think the fish vane would work well here just now - plenty of southerly gales to keep it turning! x

James McLauchlan Johnston said...

Is the gate opening ok? Had to ask!

Laughton and Patricia Johnston said...

Perfectly!

Sorley said...

Gate looks good, see Oor Wullie has a twin now!