Wednesday 3 November 2010

Room with a View

Today Archie finished the window. It changes the whole aspect of the gable, suddenly there's an eye looking out and a warmth looking in.Archie and Andrew have fixed battons for me on the floor and ceiling. Now time for me to construct the rest and begin putting in the insulation and then the panelling back.
Polly checked out the view and seemed satisfied. Now (when all my contribution is done) I just need a pair of binnoculars on the window sill and I will be able to check the driftwood situation on the Breiwick beach from my bed!

5 comments:

James McLauchlan Johnston said...

Very nice! What a difference!

Sorley said...

Wow, that does look good. Just a wee bit of DIY for you there! Might be able to help out if you are not done by the time I get up.

Beth Armstrong said...

Whoo hoo! Fantastic work. Looking forward to seeing stage 3 now or should that be stage 5/6/7? xxx

Helen said...

It does look like an eye - Muckle Bousta has just woken up! Hope Polly is chuffed with her new lookout post.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a grand view it is !