Monday 15 November 2010

Window continued

After Archie finished putting in the window and took away the shuttering I put up the framework for the panelling, inside of which I put 75mm of insulation.There were only a couple of boards that I had split in taking them off and it all went back together relatively easily. The room will be a few inches smaller all round ... but cosy!
Yesterday, I finished lining the window recess ... it's the photo that's distorted not the handiwork!
Archie comes tomorrow to disconnect the electric switches and sockets on the final wall (where the original window is) and then I shall start all over again there. I should get it all done, filled, sanded and maybe the first coat of paint before Xmas.

3 comments:

James McLauchlan Johnston said...

I've bagsied a try-out for Feb/Mar next year!

Sorley said...

Could be a second (or third) career here as handyman. Will inspect on Thursday.

Sorley said...

Oh and don't forget to leave a message for posterity!